This text will be replaced by the player
BOOZERS, LOSERS, AND HEROIN USERS!
Hooked: When sourpuss cop Lieutenant Lacey Investigates the disappearance of 17-year-old Ray Bowman, he uncovers a small town festering with high-school hipsters eager to get hooked! Sure enough, not only does Bowman turn out to be "A confirmed heroin addict" but a Dead one as well - killed by "A hot shot" when he tries to buy a fix on credit. Lacey quickly sends two undercover cops into the field - including director Alexander Wells, posing as a "Joypopper" - who zero in on a 21-year-old pusher and his thrill-seeking underage girlfriend who want to introduce a super-square straight-A student to their dope-crazed friends... Also released as NARCOTICS SQUAD and CURFEW BREAKERS, HOOKED is a gleefully lurid cross between a JD flick, Reefer Madness and Dragnet from the bebop bleakness of the 1950s!
From director Irvin S. Yeaworth, the man who made The Blob, 4D Man and Way Out, comes the "True-Life Story" of Fred Garland, a liquor-lovin' talent agent, swindler and "complete bum" who gets hooked on heroin and ends up becoming...a preacher! Shot in 1952 as TWICE CONVICTED, the film eventually mutated into The Flaming Teen-Age when additional non-Yeaworth footage was added of teenage alcoholics making damn fools of themselves!
AND REMEMBER KIDS: "WHATEVER WAY YOU TAKE IT, DOPE IS MURDER!"
- Digitally Remastered!
- Original Theatrical Trailers for HOOKED (under the alternate title CURFEW BREAKERS ) and THE FLAMING TEEN-AGE!
- Bonus Tumultuous Trailers for Assassin of Youth, The Devil's Harvest, Hopped-Up, The Narcotics Story, The Pusher and Youth Aflame!
- See "Good Boy" Marty DeMalone "Get the Habit" and turn into a Teenage Junkie when he graduates from Marijuana to Heroin in the Classic 1951 Classroom Scare Short #1: Drug Addiction !
- Learn that "Alcohol is a Violent Narcotic" when three teens start drinking, get their girlfriends snockered and commit vehicular homicide in the classic 1958 Sid Davis Short #2: Alcohol Is Dynamite!
- Watch as Skid Row bums and Professor Wilson show two kids why booze is a bad thing in the National Women's Christian Temperance Union short #3: The Choice Is Yours !
- Total Running Time: Over 3 1/2 Hours of Druggies and Drunkards!
1957 - 1956Color:
Paul Kelly - Noel ReyburnCo-starring:
Alex Wells - Ethel BarretOther cast:
Regis Toomey, Cathy Downs - Jerry FranksDirected by:
Alexander J. Wells - Irwin S. Yeaworth and Charles Edwards